Saturday, September 17, 2011

Build and Grow and Air Force Appreciation BBQ

Last Saturday, we went to Jamie's Work Picnic. The Build and Grow project was a Police Car that morning though, so we didn't want to miss it. I took the boys to the Lowe's in Moreno Valley (Jamie had to work). It wasn't as fun without our friends, but Jayden still enjoyed building it.
Checking the directions
Lining up the holes with the nails
Brady was so good...as long as he has food, he's happy!
Putting the stickers on
All done!
When we got to the picnic, Jayden was super excited 
to see a Fire Truck there!
They handed out coloring books, and hats
They awarded Jayden a Fireman Sticker, he was one happy little boy!
The base and community really put on a great Appreciation BBQ! 
Here's a clown, asking Jayden which balloon animal he would like.
Jayden chose a green sword. Not really an animal, but he saw another kid with 
one and was excited to have his own.
They had a bunch of different bounce houses. 
This one was an obstacle course.
This one was a water slide! 
It took some convincing from Jayden for me to allow him to go down it. 
I didn't bring his bathing suit, and I had no other dry clothes for him. 
I decided it would be okay and his face was priceless.
He went down twice, and boy was he soaked!
I can't say enough great things about Lowes. We love the Build and Grow projects they offer twice a month, and they also set up a booth on base. This time, Jayden got to build an Airplane and a Mini Baseball Field. He was excited to earn more patches for his apron.
This little guy finally took a nap while we were there. I'm so adamant about being home for naps everyday, but some days we can't help it. They do well when we stick to a schedule. I was glad Brady was able to fall asleep in the stroller, it was a long day for them.
Time for a snack.
He wanted to hold his little airplane that he built with Daddy.
Yes, I was there too! :)  Jamie said he never sees pictures of me on the blog...that's because I am always taking them. Ha. So, here is proof that I do exist.
When we got home, we made little pizzas.
Jayden is getting to be so big and independent. I can't believe he is so big. I know I will look back and be thankful for all the fun things we have done together. We have a ton of fun everyday.
Hope you're having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment