Hard to believe it's already been a month since we went to the Dinosaur Museum! Time is flying by and we are doing a lot of fun things. I am behind on posting, but will try to catch up soon! We are currently in WA, visiting my sister. The weather has been so nice, and the boys love playing together.
Last month, we took the boys to the Dinosaur Museum by our house. As soon as I told Jayden we were going, he ran to get his dinosaur shirt, then wanted to find brother's. We got dressed, and headed out. Both the boys love dinosaurs, so they were excited to see the huge T-Rex when we pulled up.
Daddy was pretty impressed, too. It has been years since I had visited and I was pleasantly surprised at how much it had changed.
Jayden is at the age where he wants to learn about everything. (I love it!) He asks questions, wants me to look stuff up in books or on the Internet, and is so fascinated with "facts" about things. Brady loves to study pictures in books, and is interested in whatever big brother is interested in. :)
There are a few different dinosaurs the kids can ride on. Jayden was excited, but Brady wasn't quite ready. We'll try again soon.
They have dinos inside the museum to look at. Jayden wanted to know the name of each dinosaur, and what they ate, etc. I felt like I was on a field trip but with my own family.
I love it!
This one was Jayden's favorite. It was "eating" a little lizard. Jayden said, "Look Mommy, they are playing with each other." We left it at that! ;)
After learning about the dinos inside, we headed outside.
There is a "Dino Dig" area, where the kids dig for rocks.
After they find a rock, they turn it in for a special "prize!"
The place was empty, and the weather was perfect.
There is a place where you can "pan" for gold/rocks. After you find your rock/gold, you take it over to this poster and find out the name.
I was amazed at how interested Jayden was in the rocks!
Brady wanted to check it out...
The water would run down and across the little water banks.
Panning!
We spent a lot of time looking for rocks. I love the boy's faces in this one!
Then, we were off to study more dinosaurs!
Jayden was cautious with some of the dinosaurs.
Even though he knew they weren't real, he kept his distance.
You can see the T-Rex from the freeway, but if you go into the museum, you get to climb up to the top, and look out his teeth. Jayden couldn't wait to do it!
I think it said it was 3 stories tall. It was pretty cool!
Jayden stopped to look at all the dinos along the way.
Brady really enjoyed it, too!
Another T-Rex!
The dinos inside move and make noises.
We had a great family day!
This is what the T-Rex looks like from the outside...can you see Jayden and Brady? We climbed to the top of this guy's mouth and the pics were from inside of his teeth.
We walked to have lunch at Burger King after our "field trip!"
Mommy's little prince!
Mommy's other little prince! :)
I will try to post again soon!
Have a great weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment